Hey, it’s Ryann, your host from the Food Freedom Lab. Today, let’s dive into the concept of control. If the fear of letting go of diets and food control resonates with you, let’s explore a different perspective. Because here’s the truth: the more we try to control our food, the less control we actually have. So, let’s shift our focus to areas where you do have control and empower your journey to food freedom.
- Realizing True Control: If you fear losing control over food, ask yourself honestly: How much control do you currently have? If you’re caught in cycles of binging, obsessing, and emotional eating, is that true control? Recognize that true control doesn’t come from restrictive diets but from understanding and respecting your body’s needs.
- Redirecting Attention: Instead of fixating on food control, redirect your attention to aspects of your life where you do have control. Letting go of food control doesn’t mean losing control entirely; it’s about focusing on areas that contribute positively to your well-being.
Areas of Control
- Curating Your Social Media: Take control of your Instagram feed. Unfollow accounts that trigger negative thoughts about food, body image, or unrealistic ideals. Surround yourself with content that promotes positivity and self-love.
- Setting Boundaries: You have control over how you react to others and the boundaries you set. If someone’s comments about your food or weight are affecting you, establish boundaries. Remember, people treat you the way you tolerate.
- Self-Talk: Control how you speak to yourself. Challenge negative thoughts, and don’t engage with self-deprecating language. Remind yourself that you have the power to shift your internal dialogue.
- Attitude and Interpretation: Your attitude is within your control. Interpret events in a way that fosters a positive mindset. While you can’t control every situation, you can control how you perceive and respond to them.
- Treatment of Your Body: Embrace control over how you treat your body. Release the notion of punishment or extreme workouts. Listen to your body’s needs and nurture it with kindness and respect.
Challenge and Letting Go
This week, challenge yourself to notice your food control efforts. Find moments to let go a little and observe the impact. You’ll discover that, by relinquishing excessive control, you can foster a healthier relationship with food. And remember, I’m here for you if you need support.
🔗 Work With Ryann
🔗 Ryann’s Online Courses
🔗 Follow Ryann On Instagram