Alright, girlfriend, let’s talk about making movement enjoyable. I get it; working out isn’t always something you want to do. Today, I’ll share seven tips to make movement a sustainable part of your lifestyle. No more on-and-off routines. Let’s dive in.
1. Set Small, Non-Weight Loss Goals: Set goals unrelated to weight loss. Running further, lifting more, touching your toes—these achievements make every movement meaningful. Shifting the focus from weight loss to personal achievements brings joy and motivation.
2. Schedule It: Make yourself a priority. Treat workouts like any other commitment. Schedule them in your planner, and build your day around them. Saying you don’t have time is saying it’s not a priority. Make movement a priority for your well-being.
3. Find Enjoyable Activities: Do what you love. If you hate certain exercises, don’t force yourself. Movement is about joy, not burning calories. Discover activities that bring pleasure. Enjoyment leads to consistency, a key factor in reaching your goals.
4. Let Go of Expectations: Release expectations of how your workout should go. Life factors affect performance. Embrace the unpredictability, and celebrate every effort. This approach removes pressure, making movement more enjoyable.
5. Practice Gratitude: Thank your body. Regardless of its appearance, appreciate what it allows you to do. After each workout, express gratitude for the incredible abilities of your body. This positive perspective transforms your mindset.
6. Stack Workouts with Enjoyable Activities: Combine movement with something you love. After a workout, reward yourself with coffee, breakfast, or a relaxing activity. This “habit stacking” makes workouts more positive and adds an element to look forward to.
7. Connect with Others: Join those with similar goals. The support and motivation from like-minded individuals are invaluable. Whether it’s joining a gym or a running club, shared goals create a positive workout environment.
Movement is about more than weight loss. It’s about honoring your body, building strength, and embracing a positive lifestyle. Shift your mindset, follow these tips, and make movement an integral part of your life. Get out there, and have a great day!
Licensed Therapist, Certified Nutritionist, and Virtual Wellness Coach
Ryann is a licensed therapist and virtual wellness coach who has assisted individuals worldwide in establishing a healthier relationship with food and their bodies.
I understand—it can be overwhelming to figure out where to begin. Let's simplify things and have you start right here:
Why Am I Overeating?
First Steps To Stop Binge Eating
The Food Freedom Lab Podcast
the food freedom lab podcast