Have you ever thought about bodybuilding? Maybe if you signed up for a fitness competition, THAT would give you the motivation to lose weight and stop binge eating finally. 🙋♀️ I know I had that thought at one point! In this episode, Valerie gives us the reality and the rawness of being a female bodybuilder.
*EPISODE TRIGGER WARNING* Valerie talks about weight loss, calorie counting, weight fluctuations, etc. – if that is unhelpful to your journey, please skip this episode.
SO WHO IS VALERIE OCANO?
Valerie Ocano is a personal trainer, physique athlete, and online coach. Her passions include bodybuilding, holistic health, and helping others transform from within. What gets Valerie out of bed: achieving her goal of becoming a bikini Olympian.
THE MAIN POINTS WE ARE CHATTING ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE.
- Valerie's story – so, how did you get interested in bodybuilding?
- Behind the scenes of bodybuilding – what do we not see?
- Bodybuilding and Binge Eating
- Bodybuilding and Body Image
- Can you enjoy bodybuilding and also have a healthy relationship with food and body?
- Tips for those currently in the bodybuilding world struggling with food
MORE FROM VALERIE’S EPISODE:
Valerie does not hold back in this episode. She talks a lot about the sacrifices, the lifestyle, as well as the emotional toll bodybuilding takes. What I appreciate so much about this episode is that although Valerie says bodybuilding is for her and this lifestyle is for her, she makes it very clear that it is not for everybody, which is okay.
Connect with Valerie:
- Instagram: @valerie_ocano