TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
In episode 022 of the CTW Pod, I am welcoming Miranda Galati, otherwise known as @real.life.nutritionist to pick her brain of all things nutrition, intuitive eating, balance, and how to find your happy weight. Miranda Galati is one of my all-time faves because she keeps things simple, real, and only states the #facts (which we all know Instagram could use a bit more of). If you have been struggling with dieting, trying to get to a weight that you feel like will solve all of your problems and make you happy, THIS is your episode.
Miranda Galati's Story
Fun fact to kick things off – Miranda actually has a background in marketing. It wasn't until she went through her own battles with dieting and food, that she became interested in nutrition. After years of getting sucked into Weight Watchers, and having a strong fear-based relationship with food, Miranda saw a dietician who changed her life and it was that moment that Miranda realized that dietetics was something she wanted to do.
What Miranda means by “Happy Weight”
Miranda defines happy weight as the weight you can reach where you can balance your life with nutrition (healthy for our bodies or our mind). One major point she makes here, which is so important to recognize is that: this is accepting that your happiest weight, might not be the same as your goal weight.
Why can diets never help you get to your happy weight?
Miranda states that temporary solutions can only create temporary results and I believe that as well! The problem with diets is that they dont create a lifestyle, and the purpose of finding your happy weight is to find a lifestyle where you feel the happiest and healthiest in your own body.
Why can allowing all foods to fit actually encourage you to find your happy weight?
- You have a better understanding that all foods fit, doesn't necessarily mean all foods are nutritionally equal
- This helps to take the guilt out of the equation
- allowing all foods to fit allows you to tune into your body and Notice what foods feel good for you to eat and what foods dont
Other things Miranda Galati and I chat about in this episode:
- What is gentle nutrition?
- Do certain foods burn fat?
- Does lemon water in the morning burn more fat?
- What happens when you eat more than one piece of bread?
- What do you do after you've overindulged?