We are getting #inspiredAF on The Food Freedom Lab today, chatting about all things recovery and making peace with food/body. Today, guest Lauren Keep shares her story of experience, strength, and hope of how she overcame her disordered eating. Lauren struggled with disordered eating since she was 14, and 10 years later she decided a change needed to happen. She went on a mission to find something greater than spending her days living solely for the number on the scale – and she has done it! Lauren struggled with restriction, binging, body negativity, comparison, an unhealthy obsession with diet, and exercise. I mean all the things – which is what makes her so relatable!
Like many of us who have struggled with disordered eating, she thought that getting smaller was the answer to making her feel better, but the number was never enough. However, through food freedom and ditching the diet, she has discovered how to finally find happiness EVEN WITH her body changes and that is what she is sharing with us today!
For Lauren this meant:
- Deleting her calorie counting app
- Changing up her social media feed
- Challenging her food fears
- Reflecting and unpacking the hard stuff
- Reminding herself over and over – that she is so much more than her body
Above all, getting back into her life!
Lauren is the friend I needed when I was struggling because she is real, raw and has been through it all. She is wise beyond her years and so unbelievably inspiring. If you are struggling to ditch the diet, in fear of gaining weight, this is your episode.
WHO IS LAUREN KEEN?
Lauren (otherwise known as @fillyourbowl_) is a nutritionist on a mission to share all things about body positivity, intuitive eating and breaking the binge-restrict cycle. She has personally experienced an eating disorder/disordered eating and now fully recovered shares her experience to inspire others to heal their relationship with food/ body. And she absolutely does just that!
THE MAIN POINTS WE CHAT ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- How did you overcome the fear of weight gain?
- Did your body change throughout recovery? If so – what were some things you did to help with those changes?
- What do you feel like the power of affirmations in this process is? Any affirmations you love for coping with body changes in recovery?
- Any advice for those struggling with their body through recovery?
MORE FROM LAUREN'S EPISODE:
Why is it so hard to overcome fear of weight gain? And why is it so easy to get sucked into diet culture? Lauren dives deep on this and so much more and I cannot wait for you to hear all the knowledge she has on this topic. Press play on the player above to listen now!
Connect with Lauren Keen at @fillyourbowl_ on Instagram to be inspired, connect, and chat with her more!