As the fitness world continues to explode, it appears that a new element of diet culture has broken out: that of fitness culture. In episode 058 of The Food Freedom Lab Podcast, I welcome Jennah Jacobs (otherwise known as @jennahjacobsmovement) to help us build a healthy relationship around movement, as it can also become something extremely disordered. If you’re ready to make fitness fun and enjoyable again, then this is your episode!
WHO IS JENNAH JACOBS?
Jennah is an intuitive movement coach, yoga teacher, & human design reader. She struggled for years with chronic pain and autoimmune illness and is now passionate about helping people feel more comfortable and capable in their bodies. She believes in a compassionate, holistic, and functional approach to movement training and specializes in customizing sessions to individual needs.
THE MAIN POINTS WE ARE CHATTING ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE ARE:
- In one of your posts, you state, ‘exercise is optional, movement is necessary' TELL ME MORE!
- The overt and covert ways the fitness industry uses shame as a marketing tool (and why does shame not work?!)
- The “earning” your food with exercise mentality.. why you don't need to do this – and how this creates more issues than benefits
- If someone HATES working out, what do you suggest to get in that movement?
- Top 3 tips you have for establishing a healthy relationship with movement
MORE FROM JENNAH’S EPISODE:
Jennah and I go into so many random tangents about many different fitness-related things. This episode covers so much! So you just need to tune in – do it 🙂
Connect with Jennah Jacobs at @jennahjacobsmovement on Instagram to be inspired, connect, and chat with her more!