And 2022, that is a wrap ✌️ Tears in my eyes writing this because it has been such a huge year. Here are the biggest takeaways and things I learned in 2022.
01. I can’t make someone ready to change
This has been the hardest thing I learned in 2022. It does not matter what I do or say. They have to decide this for themselves.
02. Wedding diet culture is so toxic
I got married in June, and I honestly thought I would be unfazed by the weight loss talk – nope! But I am so happy for my strength in recovery because I didn't let it get to me, and my wedding day was truly the happiest day of my life.
03. There aren’t many books on binge eating
, and they're all just meh. There are a lot of great books on anti-diet, body image, and intuitive eating, but binge eating specifically.. none that I have found willing to recommend. Maybe it's time for me to write one? 😉
04. Busy and productive, not the same thing
Yikes, had to learn this one the hard way.
05. People actually listen to this podcast
I thought the only time someone listened to this podcast was when someone DMed me asking a question, and I would reply with ‘listen to x podcast' (obvi nicer than that). But hearing how many of you listen to this has excited me to get back into podcasting in 2023.
06. Working for yourself is lonely
It is! I never thought it would be – especially with my work, but it is. Working on this.
07. Truly easier to drink water when you love the bottle
I always thought I just wasn't the person who did *water* until I got a Stanley… (@isabels.plate will back me up on this 😅)
08. Doing something or not doing something is still choosing to do something
Yep. This one hit.
09. I enjoy reading for fun
I used to think fun reading was a waste of time (but somehow hours on social media wasn't 🤔 yeah, problematic lol). So happy we worked through that thought. Follow me on GoodReads!
10. It does not matter what I do. Someone will always have an opinion
I am being so helpful or problematic, eating too much or not eating enough. Every time I post something, I always get opposite opinions. So I have realized that if I get an opinion, I might as well prioritize my opinion.
11. I haven't yet shaken the imposter syndrome
The belief that I am not smart or skilled enough to do this work is a regular thing – working on it.
12. Food fears is something so many of you relate to
What a year of breaking food fears!! Check out my Instagram to break your fears with me!
13. It is very easy to waste a lot of time on TikTok
Ahhh right? Again, working on it.
14. I am so easily influenced
You tell me I need it, and I will buy it. I am the reason why influencers exist 😅
15. If somebody can help me get there faster – it is worth it
My opinion. Having time back is worth more than the ego boost of figuring it out myself IMO.
16. I have to take risks to grow
Otherwise, I am going to stay where I am. And there is nothing wrong with that. But I want more.
17. Fix and fog everything butter is the ultimate nut butter.
And The TJs Yogurt Covered Pumpkin Joe Joes are the ultimate cookie. You can disagree, but I will not budge with this one.
18. I can give all of the material for someone to heal, but I can't do it for them
I wish I could, but I can't.
19. I need therapy
Just like I need to move my body, drink water, and eat at the table – I NEED to continue therapy to keep my mental health in check.
20. Just because it's on sale doesn’t mean I need it
Whenever my husband asks why I am buying another pair of leggings when I have 10 🤭 cue t-swift *me, hi, I'm the problem it's me*
21. Having a dog has changed me
I mean, just look at that face 🥺
22. There is always more I can learn
And I am open to learning it!
22 Things I Learned In 2022 TLDR;
Too Long Didn't Read: What a year 2022 has been. The biggest thing I learned in 2022 is how much can happen and change in a year. I always knew this; this year, I was shown it.
Tell me what you learned in 2022!!
Click here to tell me (and a ton of other friends) what you learned in 2022 🥳