Body image is a sneaky little nail in the tire that can ruin a great day. To keep that nail from ruining your day when you notice yourself struggling with what you see in the mirror, try this:
01. Think about 3 things the body part you're struggling with allows you to do
- My stomach > vacuuming, bending over and picking up a toy off the floor, twisting behind my car seat to grab the chapstick I dropped
- My arms > carrying all of my groceries, hugging my husband, throwing the ball to my dog
02. Get dressed in something that makes you feel good
Maybe this is something that doesn't draw attention to the body part. Or maybe changes the way you feel about the body part? Either way, getting dressed in something helps you feel better. Don't have anything? Maybe it's time to do a closet cleanout and get some new clothes that fit!
03. Tell somebody
Reach out! Get out of your head! Let someone know so they can talk you through your feelings. Don't have anyone? Message me!
04. Remind yourself the feeling will pass
Having a bad body image day has nothing to do with your body. It is just a negative emotion creating discomfort in your body that you associate with body image. The good news? Emotions are energy in motion, meaning the feeling will pass if you let it!