One of the most common questions I get is, “Ry, I am eating enough. Why am I still binge eating?!” So, before you decide that something must be inherently wrong with YOU, know you’re not alone. There are so many factors that can make it hard for your body (and your mind!) to feel calm around food.
Rather than beating yourself up for still binge eating, I encourage you to get curious.
1) Am I eating consistently throughout the day?
Healing your relationship with food starts with unconditional trust between you and your body. So how can you bring a little more consistency to your eating?
2) Am I building meals that are filling and satisfying?
Eliminating binge eating comes from physical and mental nourishment. How can you add balance to your meals to make them more filling and satisfying?
3) Am I still telling myself I can't have certain foods?
When we say “I can't,” our mind immediately goes to “I want.” Remind yourself that “all foods fit.” What can you do to break some of those food rules?
4) Am I regularly weighing myself and counting calories?
I know it feels like you will lose control if you stop weighing yourself and counting calories, but ask yourself, if you are binge eating, are you really in control now? What can you remind yourself of the next time you experience the urge to track calories or weigh yourself?
5) Am I judging myself while eating?
Overcoming binge eating isn't just about the food; it is about rebuilding your entire relationship around food. So what can you try next time you mindlessly eat or judge your eating?
6) When I am emotional, do I know how to self-soothe and calm down without using food?
If eating is the only way you know how to calm yourself down, it will always be your go-to solution. What can you try to do to calm yourself down the next time you’re feeling emotional?
7) Beyond food, do I have other forms of pleasure in my life?
If food is your only source of pleasure, it will be much harder to stop the mindless eating. What other forms of joy can you add to your day?
If you are eating enough but binge eating is still happening, this is simply a sign that more healing needs to happen.
So, will you continue to judge yourself, or will you get curious?
Choose the latter – GET CURIOUS.
More Blogs On Binge Eating:
- Just Binged? 5 Things To Do After A Binge To Heal
- 5 Things I Had To Do To Stop Binge Eating
- The Difference Between Binge Eating, Emotional Eating, and Overeating