When an uncomfortable emotion arises, it's tough to sit with it. However, if we avoid it, it never leaves us. Use the tips below to practice sitting in the suck when your next uncomfy emotion rises!
01. Notice the discomfort. What are you feeling?
02. Ground yourself. Where do you feel the emotion in your body?
03. Get curious. If this emotion could talk, what would it say?
04. Zoom out. How could this struggle be happening for you, rather than to you?
05. Get compassionate. What do you need right now?
06. Move forward. What is one small thing you can do to get this need met?
And the biggie.. remind yourself emotions are FLEETING. They pass. Things do get better. This will make you stronger.
You are HUMAN – which means you’re always going to face struggles.
Finding food freedom, peace with food, and happiness isn’t about never struggling 🙅🏼♀️.
It is having the skills to manage those struggles and hardships as they arrive, so they no longer take away your peace!
Your to-do: write yourself a letter for the next time you’re struggling.
✍️ what do you want yourself to remember?
✍️ what do you want yourself to know?
📖 save it in a safe space for when you need.