After a long day of work, errands, life, etc., cooking a balanced dinner can feel like a lot. But it doesn't have to be! Cue this delicious, simple salmon bowl! Whipped up in less than 30 minutes and packed with flavor, this healthy dinner recipe is my go-to on the average weeknight.
This salmon bowl is made with simple ingredients, high in protein, and the epitome of a balanced meal. It will surely leave you satisfied and happy 😊 Keep scrolling or jump to the recipe, and let's start cooking!
Want to make this meal together? Grab your ingredients and check out this quick walk-through video!
P.S. This dish is PERFECT for meal prepping ahead of time. Making a bigger batch of each element and storing it in the fridge makes for an easy lunch the next day. A healthy dinner recipe turned into a healthy *lunch* recipe!
P.P.S. Do olive oil and butter *stress* you out? 😣 Do you feel like you can't use ingredients like those because they are higher in cals and, therefore, “bad” foods? Then I highly recommend giving this blog post a quick read to help you challenge your food fears in 30 days!
Healthy Dinner Recipe: Chile Lime Salmon
This salmon bowl is made with simple ingredients, high in protein, and the epitome of a balanced meal. It is no doubt sure to leave you feeling satisfied and happy 😊
- Preheat oven to 375 F and lay salmon filet on cooking sheet lined with tin foil
- Spread chile lime seasoning over salmon and spread with fingers until the top is covered
- Cook salmon for 17 minutes in the oven
- At the same time, prepare rice on the stovetop with water (as per the package instructions) and add tbsp of butter (this elevates the taste!)
- Throw broccoli, garlic, about ⅓ cup of water, and generous drizzle of olive oil in a pan on the stove and cover
- Occasionally stir the broccoli saute and cook about 15 minutes
- Plate all 3 components and serve!
- **These measurements are not set in stone! I love to eyeball my measurements depending on how I'm feeling. Listen to your body and add the amount that sounds best to you.**
- You can find more simple, balanced meal inspo on my Instagram @isabels.plate!!