I used to struggle to make a good salad at home. For some unknown reason, the bowls I made were never as good as the ones I bought out (even when I tried to recreate them using the same ingredients) 😅 And I know I couldn't have been the only one who felt this way. But this healthy lunch recipe changed that narrative and is officially set in my lunch rotation.
Dried fruit, nuts, and citrus have combined to make the absolute PERFECT simple salad here. And the touch of vinegar from the balsamic? *chef's kiss* It's delicious, made in just a few minutes, and a must-make this winter. Don't be fooled, though. This healthy lunch can (and should) be enjoyed all year round 😉 Keep scrolling, grab your ingredients, and let's get cooking!
Want to build this healthy lunch bowl together? Check out this short walk-through video! Then report back here for the step-by-step.
P.S. This healthy lunch recipe doesn't require any meal prep ahead of time, but I recommend giving this blog post a read for some simple food prep tips to make lunchtime (or any mealtime) a breeze! These have been a true game-changer for me and my busier days!
Healthy Lunch Recipe: The Perfect Winter Salad
This is the *perfect* winter salad and made in a matter of minutes! The balance between crunchy walnuts and creamy goat cheese is to exquisite.. not to mention the contrast between the tart dried cranberries and sweet mandarin oranges.
I don't know about you, but I don't have all day to make a balanced, filling lunch on the average workday. This goat cheese salad takes about 5 minutes to whip up, using convenient, inexpensive ingredients!
- Lay your spring mix base
- Cut clementine slices in half
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper
- Add clementine slices, walnuts, cranberries, chicken, and crumbled goat cheese on top
- Drizzle your balsamic glaze and enjoy!
- Can't do dairy? No problem! Substitute avocado instead.
- Vegetarian? No problem! Substitute chicken for your tofu, tempeh, chickpeas, or you protein source of choice.
- **These measurements are not set in stone! I usually eyeball my toppings depending on how I'm feeling. Listen to your body and add the amount that sounds best to you.**
- You can find more simple, balanced meal inspo on my Instagram @isabels.plate!!
- Looking for other ways to make a balanced lunch quick and easy? Check out this episode on food prep!