Who said nourishing and satisfying meals had to be complicated or time-consuming? If you're looking for an easy, one-pot meal that is both nutritious and delicious… you have found your recipe! This walnut pesto pasta makes the perfect simple dinner on those nights when you simply don't feel like cleaning more than one pot 😉
This meal features simple ingredients, requires minimal effort, and is easy to customize! Go ahead and throw in some chicken or sausage for additional protein. Or sprinkle your favorite cheese on top for extra flavor.
Are you ready to get started? Grab your pot (singular!) and ingredients… and let's get cooking!
Want to see this simple dinner bowl in action? Check out this short video of the prep!
P.S. Is pasta a fear food for you? One that your brain sounds the alarm bells over because ‘there are too many carbs?' It was for me, too… but through repeatedly facing my fear of pasta, I have come to love it again without fear! Check out this podcast episode on the truth about breaking food fears to hear more about this challenging yet worthwhile process. Or give this blog post on challenging 30 food fears in 30 days!
Simple Dinner Idea: Walnut Pesto Pasta
PSA: nourishing, satisfying meals don't have to be complicated or time-consuming! Try out this simple and delicious walnut pesto pasta next time you need a quick meal… you won't be sorry!
- cook your pasta according to the box
- add container of pesto and fresh spinach
- mix well
- simmer on very low heat for a few minutes until spinach is soft
- toast chopped walnuts in the toaster oven for a few minutes
- add salt and a drizzle of olive oil to the nuts
- serve your pasta and garnish with walnuts, and enjoy!
- You can find more simple, balanced meal inspo on my Instagram @isabels.plate!!